Having friends over for dinner is a fun alternative to going out to eat. Without a little planning, however, it can also be very stressful for you, the host. Use our list of 5 things to do before your next dinner party to take the stress out of hosting.
5 Things to Do Before Your Next Dinner Party
- Check in on allergies - Planning the menu ahead of time is absolutely essential. Asking guests about food allergies will help you ensure that everyone at the party has something more than salad or bread to eat.
- Make sure you have everything you need - After you check your pantry for the ingredients, don't forget to check your cupboards for everything else you need. From serving plates and utensils to wine glasses and cheese knives, it's important to cover your bases.
- Clean the house - Clean the house during the week to make sure that you aren't embarrassed by the state of your home. If you're pressed for time, consider bringing in a maid service to take care of this for you.
- Plan out seating - It's always fun to bring together different people at a dinner party. To make the evening a success, plan out where you want guests to sit to create the best conversation flow.
- Leave yourself lots of time - If you're cooking on the day of the party, leave yourself lots of time to cook and clean. If you're rushing around, you're more likely to overlook something.
For more home cleaning and organizing tips, do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you!